Sunday, April 10, 2016

Ellie starts Kindergarten and her 5th Birthday!

Ellie started Kindergarten 2 days before she turned 5!  It was really hard on everyone, not just her and me.  The first week she had to be walked into her classroom everyday, and there were lots of tears.  But after a bit it was OK.  She attends a charter school about a block away from our house.  It was a hard decision, I had gone back and forth between homeschooling her, but the Lord firmly let me know that she needed to be at school.  Kinder was all day (the only option the school ended up having) but she learned lots and has grown a lot.  Her school teaches the 7 Habit of Highly Effective people - I love it.  We are really lucky where we live - there is about 3 schools within 5 minutes from our home and we have a lot of choices.  I know we chose the right school when she came home the first week and talked about needing to be more responsible.


Thankfully Andy went into work late the first day of school and I was able to spend a few extra minutes dropping her off and getting her settled.


Turning 5 was a big deal and all she wanted was a big cupcake for her big day.  Too bad she couldn't stay up and party - it took a couple of weeks for her to adjust to her schedule.

No comments: